Every month we are selecting really cool and talented artists to introduce to our supporters and art collectors.
Interview with Sarah Hill.
1. What is your name and where are you based?
Sarah Hill, based in north London, N4
2. What is your practice?
Drawing and creating greeting cards
3. What is your USP?
Monochrome, abstract, unusual artwork
4. Tells us a secret that nobody knows about your life!
I once had a job interview in a funeral parlour and had to touch a dead persons hand to see if I was comfortable about being in that environment!
5. Has Covid 19 challenged your creativity?
Yes and I have had ups and downs!
6. What are your most significant achievements?
Completing an MA in Fine Art, and receiving an award at the end of that. Most recently I have completed some AAT Accounting qualifications which is out of my comfort zone because i hate maths!
7. Whom will your clients be and what will they get from you?
My clients will be everyday public who are looking for a unique and attractive card
8. Do you have any fascinating or unusual clients or a funny story to tell?
I dont have clients yet really!
9. If you were starting a career as an artist today, what would you do differently?
Im not sure, maybe have more confidence and go for things more!
10. What has been your most significant challenge in times of Covid 19, and how did you overcome it?
Not being able to see friends and family, being stuck indoors when i am used to going out everyday, not being able to go to my studio etc.
11. What are your plans for the future? What new projects do you have in the pipeline?
I have my greeting cards in one shop so far in Finsbury Park, London and hope to expand to other merchandising such as bags, mugs, keyrings etc.
12. What would you like to be known for?
Unique monochrome designs
13. How do you know Laura?
Through mentoring and exhibitions that Laura has organised.
14. How did you hear about Laura I. Gallery?
Through social media a few years or so back!
15. What do you think of our Mentoring programs or of the newest initiative for artists, The Society of Gold Minds?
I have had mentoring sessions and they were very helpful and uplifting!
16. Do you think it is important to have someone that has your back?
17. Do you think it is important to receive constant support? Why?
Yes support, and some time in-between to make progress and take actions or await results.
18. Do you think it is important to be surrounded by a community of artists?
Yes for sure.
19. Would you recommend our mentoring programs?
Yes I have done, to Laura symes who attended.
20. Has Laura I. Gallery inspired you or helped you in any way? How?
Yes personally, socially, professionally!
21. Would you recommend Laura I. Art Gallery?
Click here to see Sarah`s works of art
Quote of the day
"An artwork is a prophecy of possibilities"Laura Iosifescu
Click to set custom HTML